Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reader response "Composition #4"


Wilkin – De La Rosa
ESR098
Prof. Maria Jerskey
11/06/11
Composition #4 (Revised)

“True Value”
          A teacher is a person who provides schooling for others. A professor or teacher who facilitates education for an individual student may also be described as a personal tutor. They have a true value for students. However they are espoused to receive critiques. As a result of this many people cannot see the true value of a professor or teacher.
            I studied in a special program that LaGuardia Community College offers to those students who need to improve their English skill, called “CLIP.” In my first semester I took English classes with an excellent teacher named Vivian Wang. When I started to study in the program my English was very weak. I felt uncomfortable and worried, because I did not understand most of the class.
            At the beginning of the class I made some negative criticisms about the teacher Vivian Wang. I said that she didn’t have experience. Maybe I did not like the way she taught. For example, I did not like when another student corrected my essays, and sometimes she used this technique. Later on, I regretted and recognized I had a valuable and excellent teacher. When I passed to the next level I really had improved a few things in which I had problems. For example, when I started the CLIP my grammar and reading were very limited. Despite I am still improving these areas, I improved them after taking class with her.
            I have learned that we should not categorize the work of a person before analyzing it, or seeing the result of its work. When we do this, sometimes we cannot see the purpose of the work, and the true value of that person. That was the mistake I made.        

No comments:

Post a Comment