Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reader response of "Composition#3"


Wilkin-De La Rosa
ESR098
Prof. Maria - Jerskey
10/23/10
Composition #3 (Revised)
“Conflict”
            Frequently we face many different conflicts. Good friends, married couples, children and parents, sibling, etc. have disagreements or conflicts, and when they do, there are ways of resolving conflicts that actually make your relationship better. Everyone tries to solve them in their own way. Some of them can be resolve and others cannot be resolved. Even when they are negative, we can learn from them.
            Once, I was involved in a quarrel between a friend named Juan and me. It took place at our job. During that time he was supervisor in the shipping department, and my job position was checker in the same department. He had made several mistakes as supervisor. As a result of this our manager was looking for someone to replace him, and the first person he selected was me. So, the conflict started when Juan heard that I was the person our manager had selected to replace him.
Before that we were very good friends. We had lunch together, and helped each other. But after this circumstance he completely changed his way with me. For example, he began to eat with other friends, and gave me the worst routes to check. Moreover he started to talk nonsense. He said he would lose his position because of me, and he was thinking that I had said bad things about him to our manager. But he was wrong, because I had never had a conversation with our manager about him.  In addition, all the time he was looking for a reason to suspend me, but he never found it.
After some unpleasant moments that I had due to this conflict, I decided to find a solution to this problem. So I talked with another friend named Pereira, who was Juan’s brother in law, and also his best friend. I explained everything that was happening between Juan and me. We analyzed the situation. After we analyzed it, we realized that maybe he was making unfounded assumptions, or maybe someone had told him something about me. So, I came to a decision; I had to talk with him to make clear this unpleasant clash. When I met with him, I told him that I wanted to resolve this conflict. So, I explained to him that I did not want his position; also I had never said any bad comments about him. “Perhaps,” I said, “you are making assumptions about this circumstance.” He answered that it was his fault, because he had to study the circumstance before he made assumptions about me. “He told me that he had thought that I had said bad things about him because some people had talked nonsense about me.” He told me he believed in me. He apologized and we hugged each other. Later on, he improved his job and continued as supervisor and I was promoted as assistant supervisor.
As you know, there are different ways to resolve a problem. To resolve the conflict between me and him, I used the healthy way of analyzing the situation, and talking to resolve it. Juan and I remained friends after an unpleasant circumstance. We learned that we shouldn’t make assumptions about others or something before analyzing the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment