Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reader Response "Advice to Griet"

Wilkin – De La Rosa
Prof. Maria – Jerskey
12/01/10
Letter to Advise Griet
Dear Griet:
 I have heard that Pieter asked you to marry him, and your parents are encouraging you to do this. But you are unsure and told him you are too young. As your best friend I know that it is not the only reason why you are hesitant to marry Pieter. You also feel something special in Vermeer. As many people, you have been confusing because you don’t know what would be your true love or what you really feel on each one. However, I will advise you that your best choice is Pieter.
Between Vermeer and you there are mutual attractions only, not love. Even though you and Vermeer feel some attractions, that doesn’t mean it is love. I know you have received a good treatment by him, and I know he is an excellent man, but you need to understand he is married, and he has children. He never would leave his family to be with you. In fact, he has never offered you to marry him as Pieter did.
Based on what we had talking about Pieter and you, I think you are wasting time. We know that he feels an immense love for you. He has asked you to marry him, and I don’t know what you are waiting for. I remember you told me the first time you saw him in his father’s meat store you feel a special magnetism from him when you looked each other. Since that you have seen he is nice person. Even though he not belong a wealthy family he is a responsible and worker man. You will make a good couple. You are both young, and will have the opportunity to have their own business and house. Also you can become a respectful family.
About your age, you have almost 18 years old, and it is a normal age to marry. There are many girls that marry at this age and sometime less.  I think it is not a reason for you refuse to marry Pieter. Remember you don’t need to make a decision because of your parents are encouraging you or my advise, you need to study the circumstance and choose the best option for you.     
Dear Griet as you can see Vermeer is a married man. Between you and him there are only attractions, not love. Based on what we were talking about Pieter and you, I feel Pieter truly love you, and you feel something very special for him. Consequently, I think Pieter will be your best choice. I hope my advice will help you to make the right decision.

Truthfully
Wilkin – De La Rosa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment