Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reader response of "Composition #1"


Wilkin – De La Rosa
ESR 098
Prof. Maria - Jerskey
09/27/10
“Descriptive Essay”

                When I was 25 years old I watched an excellent movie called Man on Fire.  The main character in this film is John Creasy (Denzel Washington), one of my favorite actors. This movie is about kidnapping in Mexico City. I do not know if this film is based on real life or not. However, I observed that its content showed some real life cases. Now, I am going to make a summary of the movie. Furthermore, I am going to explain what part of the circumstances is important to me, and what thoughts or feelings it evokes in me, when I think about it.
            Man on Fire is about criminal gangs in Mexico City who are kidnapping rich families' children for the lucrative ransom money. Due to this circumstance, a businessman Samuel Ramos like other people of wealth, were advised to hire bodyguards to protect their children. The former CIA killer and presently an alcoholic decadent man, John Creasy is hired by Samuel Ramos, with the recommendation of his old friend Rayburn, to be the bodyguard of his young daughter Pita and his wife Lisa. Pita changed the behavior of the cold Creasy who killed a lot of corrupt and terrorist people, making him live and smile again, and he feels a great affection for her. But the happiness is broken when Pita is abducted by gunmen who shoot Creasy and leave him to die in the streets. Despite being seriously wounded during the kidnapping, he vowed to kill anyone involved in the kidnapping, no matter who he has to kill along the way, and to rescue Pita. Creasy started his mission, and killed everyone who was involved in the kidnapping among them, the president of a group called The Brotherhood and his team, who were a group of corrupt cops. Furthermore, forced Pita’s father to kill himself because of he was the main author of Pita’s kidnapping. Finally, he discovered that Pita still alive and was on the hand of a guy named The Voice, the head of a group of gangsters. The only chance he had to recover Pita was returning The Voice’s brother alive and him in exchange for Pita. He did it.  Later on the same day, John Creasy die, and The Voice was killed by cops in his house for resisting to be arrested. I want to say that John Creasy received help from a journalist woman and his boyfriend, a cop who also wanted to finish with the corruption in Mexico City. The Journalist’s boyfriend was the cop who killed The Voice at the end of the movie.
            One of the most important parts to me was the relationship between John Creasy and Pita. It was a beautiful and clean relationship. As a result of this relationship he changed for a moment his cold behavior. He reflected that he has feeling as others people. In fact, their relationship was so great that he gave his life to save her. I liked this kind of relationship between people. We need to be clear and honest with our partners or friends in order to have an excellent relationship.            
When I think about this movie, it evoke in me to consider that many countries need people like John Creasy, the reporter woman, and his boyfriend. I think in that because in several countries the gangsters and many corrupt people most of the times receive support from functionaries or agent of the state. As a result of this is nearly impossible to eliminate or reduce the delinquency and corruption in these countries. Consequently, for that reason these countries need people like them, who fight against criminal gangs, the racketeering and corrupt people. So, with this kind of people these countries will have the opportunity to eliminate or reduce the delinquency and corruption. In addition, it evoke in me, to become a FBI agent. Since I was a kid, I always wanted to be an agent, whether a CIA, FBI, or Custom agent.
            To conclude, Man on Fire has been one of my favorite films.  The relationship between John Creasy and Pita was one of the most important parts of the movie, to me. When I think or see this movie, I consider that many countries need people like John Creasy, the reporter woman, and his boyfriend. In addition, it evoke in me, to become a FBI, CIA or Custom agent. This is good movie. I encourage you to watch it. You will not regret.         

No comments:

Post a Comment